Entertainment blog My Onion Soul : My Onion Soul

Saturday 21 March 2015

My Onion Soul


Onions have layers. The outermost layer is for the world to see, for bearing all the hardships of life and protecting the inner rich layers. These outside rugged layers handle the heat, pressure, dirt and all such wear and tear. They also deceive the world about what’s inside.

The more we peel an onion, richer the layers get. These inner layers are the energy containing parts which contain the food, the zest of life. The more layers you remove, the closer you get to real life.
Similar to this onion is my soul – the real “me”.

I am a thinker. Thinking gives me wings and makes me fly to unknown worlds. When I am physically idle, I am constantly thinking. The practical world around me has no relation to what’s cooking in my head. I may be reading or even taking a bath and might as well be thinking about the thrill felt while trekking. So, I have this inner self which is creative, sensitive, emotional, rebellious and also funny.

I want to preserve my inner thinker from the world outside. Like the onion, I keep layers of protective sheets over it, disguising myself like any other common person. I don't want to expose my soul to the manipulative world. I might be funny or absurdly hilarious from outside but honestly some other track is playing in my mind that time. I might be chattering about some stupid stuff, but inside, I might be going through all feasible or infeasible options to help a friend who is upset.

You might be thinking I am scared of revealing my real self or I am an introvert. Why do I need to hide my inner self? Why do I have an ‘onion soul”?

Probably I have been asking this to myself a lot. I have figured out many reasons:
#BulletPointsRock
  • May be I am afraid if I remove the sheets and reveal my inner thinker,people might not like me, they might find me weird and not funny as they think now.
  • Fear of myself being projected as a selfish person.
  • The weird me. One who is weird in every way; thoughts, emotions, desires. Weirdness is cool but not smoothly accepted in real world.
  • My inner thinker considers itself as - utterly awesome. So, I am not sure if the world is ready to know “the secret ingredient”(this one is surely inspired from Kung Fu Panda but its true).

So, I think it’s actually good to have a place only for you, away from the world, even from your best buddies sometimes. That place should be preserved, a private place where I can be “me” and only “me”. A place away from social obligations and judgemental society. A place ridden of rushed decisions and based on free thoughts. My onion soul under the rugged covers.


5 comments :

  1. Very well expressed. The analogy with the onion is really awesome. Could totally relate to many situations. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks @anupriya , really appreciate your comment :)

      Delete
  2. Der is an actual onion model of self disclosure in psychology

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D chronic psychologist in action...you think I can compete with Sigmond Freud :P

    ReplyDelete